Help Guide for Members that have Experienced Fraud
What to do after fraud
Screenshare/Access to Device/Downloaded malicious software/Clicked on a Link/Used Unsecure Website
- Have device factory reset or cleaned (checked for malware)
- Provide Receipt or Date/Time/Location
- New Online Banking credentials needed for new account
- Create a unique complex password
- Call the Credit Bureaus (numbers below) to place a freeze on the credit reports.
- Request report if funds were lost
- Provide full report to MCU
- Call or Visit companies with automatic withdrawals or deposits to update account information.
Examples: Direct Deposit from Employer, Social Security Office, Retirement Funds, Bills, etc.
- Update Debit Card info for subscriptions (Hulu, Netflix, Auto Insurance, Loan Payments, etc.).
- Review statements from the last 60 days to identify unauthorized activity and to assist with Debit Card/ACH updates.
Freeze Credit with the 3 Credit Bureaus
Credit Bureau Contact
Contact the national credit bureaus to request fraud alerts, credit freezes also known as security freezes.
- Phone Number: 800-685-1111
- Phone Number: 888-397-3742
- Phone Number: 888-909-8872