Preparing for Home Ownership
Marine Credit Union is Here for You
If you’re ready to become a homeowner, we’re ready to help you get started. To ensure a smooth process from the initial mortgage application to the excitement of receiving the keys to your new home, we’ve outlined a few steps that you will typically experience in your journey toward home ownership.
- Contact your local Mortgage Loan Representative to set-up an appointment by stopping into your local branch, giving us a call, or filling out the short form above.
- Before attending your appointment, gather and bring the items found in this list of recommended documentation. Not all of these items may be required, but having them on hand will ensure a quicker process.
- In your application appointment, you will sit down with your Mortgage Loan Representative where they will learn about your individual circumstances and take your application. You will be asked to provide the required documentation listed above. Your application will be submitted, along with your application deposit, to be reviewed by your local team.
- While your application is under review, your Mortgage Loan Representative will work with you to clear up any pending loan conditions and help you obtain a homeowner’s insurance policy.
- When your loan has been approved, we will schedule a loan closing appointment with you to review the loan and sign the remaining paperwork.
- When closing is complete, you will be handed the keys to your new home. Congratulations – you’re now a homeowner!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application process, please contact us today.
All loans subject to credit approval.