Leadership Announcement At Marine Credit Union
LA CROSSE, Wis., October 21, 2016 — Marine Credit Union announced several changes to its leadership in the last month that will help accelerate the company’s continued growth.
- Bill James hired as Chief Financial Officer – James has joined Marine as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to oversee the Finance, Accounting, Audit, and Compliance teams. As a member of the executive team, he and his team will work to improve efficiency and strengthen financial performance across the credit union. James joins Marine from Anchor Bank in Madison where he served as CFO since 2013. His 25+ years of financial management experience include executive roles at three different banks and the startup of a financial strategy consultancy. James holds a CFA designation. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Michigan Technological University and completed executive studies at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management.
- Michael Maxwell hired as Vice President of Lending – Maxwell has joined Marine as Vice President of Lending to oversee consumer and mortgage loan processing and underwriting, credit risk management and monitoring, and overall lending compliance. Maxwell joins Marine from Canyon State Credit Union in Arizona, where he was the Vice President of Lending and Risk Management. He has more than 20 years of financial management experience, including more than a decade at Bank of America, where he oversaw fraud claims, loss mitigation, credit card and consumer lending teams.
- Craig Sesing hired as Director of Real Estate – Sesing has joined Marine as Director of Real Estate, responsible for facilities management, including contract management for new offices, facility renovations and expansions, building and grounds management, and physical security. He joins Marine from Advance Auto Parts, where he led a real estate team that opened more than 400 stores and managed a network of 2,500 existing stores. Sesing holds a Master’s degree in Real Estate and Urban Land Economics and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, both from UW-Madison.
- Liz Malott promoted to District Manager, La Crosse District – Malott joined Marine in November 2000 as a teller in La Crosse and has since progressed through multiple roles with the credit union, most recently serving as a Branch Manager in La Crosse. During her tenure with Marine, Malott has mentored numerous Branch Managers who have gone on to serve in leadership roles with the company. In her new role as District Manager of the La Crosse District, Malott will oversee the Decorah, Onalaska, Prairie du Chien and La Crosse branches.
- Josh Moore promoted to District Manager, Northwest District – Moore joined Marine in November 2015 as the Branch Manager in Eau Claire. In his new role as District Manager of the newly formed Northwest District, Moore will oversee the Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire, Rushford, Menomonie and Winona branches.
- Liz Popp promoted to Director of Business Development – Popp joined Marine in May 2015 as the Marketing Manager. In her new role, Popp will be responsible for the management of business development activities for Marine, including advertising campaigns, development of promotional materials and community outreach initiatives through the branch network, corporate sponsorships and company branding. Popp holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, both from Viterbo University.
- Maria Broerman hired as Portfolio Mortgage Lending Manager – Broerman has joined Marine as Portfolio Mortgage Lending Manager to provide support to Marine’s mortgage lenders in Milwaukee, helping build business and reach operational and strategic goals related to in-house mortgage lending. She will work with management to coordinate networking and business development activities. Broerman joins Marine with over 20 years of experience, most recently from Wells Fargo.
- Dan Krause hired as Branch Manager in Eau Claire – Krause has joined Marine as Branch Manager in Eau Claire. He will be responsible for ensuring the Marine team is providing exceptional service to members and will coach and develop branch staff members. Krause has 25 years of sales management experience, joining Marine from Heights Finance in Eau Claire, where he served as Branch Manager since 2009. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Finance and Management Information Systems.
- Erin Wencl named Branch Manager in La Crosse – Wencl joined Marine in August of 2009 as a teller in Fond du Lac and has since progressed through multiple roles with the credit union, most recently serving as a Branch Manager in Fond du Lac. In her new role, Erin will be responsible for ensuring the Marine team is providing exceptional service to members and coach and develop branch staff members in La Crosse.
- Jack Kalander hired as Chief Information Officer – Kalander has joined Marine as Chief Information Officer (CIO) to lead and grow Marine’s technology talent and infrastructure and deliver tools to improve effectiveness. As a member of our Executive Management Team, he will work to improve efficiency and remove technology roadblocks throughout the organization. Kalander has grown his career at First Logic, Business Objects, SAP and Satori Software, Inc., leading the businesses through many IT changes. He holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration from UW-Madison and a Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems from the UW-La Crosse.
- Heidi Dearman promoted to Director of Data and Digital Delivery – Dearman originally joined Marine in 2008 as an IT Programmer and most recently served as a Business Analyst. In her new role, she will oversee the team responsible for delivering data to the organization and providing members with excellent services via Marine’s digital platforms. Dearman holds a strong background in product management and business intelligence.
As the credit union executes on its plans to open several new offices and add nearly 100 jobs in 2016, it is hiring for additional roles on its leadership team:
- District Vice President – Milwaukee
- Branch Manager – Wauwatosa
- Branch Manager – Des Moines
- Branch Manager – Menomonie
- Branch Manager – Suamico
- Branch Manager – Fond du Lac
About Marine Credit Union
Marine Credit Union is built upon the strong belief that members are more than a credit score, and we are committed to providing financial services to all members of the community—including those with past financial challenges. We will continue our long-standing tradition of delivering personalized lending solutions to fit our members’ individual needs. Marine Credit Union is a full-service financial institution serving nearly 60,000 members with office locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa. For more information, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About La Crosse, Wis.
Marine Credit Union is headquartered in La Crosse, Wis. Situated on the banks of the Mississippi River halfway between Minneapolis and Milwaukee, the growing community of 50,000 was named one of the 10 best small cities in America to start a business by Entrepreneur Magazine and one of the 15 best for economic health, affordability and quality of life by NerdWallet. The dynamic community is uniquely characterized for its health and wellness resources, outdoor recreation opportunities and family life focus. For more information, visit explorelacrosse.com.