Leadership Announcement – March 2017
LA CROSSE, Wis., March 17, 2017 — Marine Credit Union announced several changes to its leadership in the last month that will support the company’s continued growth.
- Liz Malott has been promoted to Senior Vice President of Community Banking. Malott joined Marine in November 2000 as a teller in La Crosse and has since progressed through multiple roles with the credit union, most recently serving as a Vice President and District Manager in La Crosse. During her tenure with Marine, Malott has mentored numerous team members who have gone on to serve in leadership roles with the company. In her new role, Malott will oversee training, champion talent management, support Marine’s deposit business, and help the organization improve communication and efficiency.
- Matt Martinson has been named Branch Manager in Des Moines. He will be responsible for ensuring Marine is providing exceptional service to members and coaching and developing employees. Martinson joined Marine in 2013 as a Consumer Loan Officer (CLO). Since then, he has served as Senior CLO, Associate Branch Manager and Interim Branch Manager in Milwaukee. Martinson recently returned from a 10-month deployment serving in the United States Navy, which included over six months in Afghanistan.
- Steve Leffew has been promoted to Branch Manager in Neenah, Wis. He will be responsible for ensuring Marine is providing exceptional service to members and coaching and developing employees. Leffew joined Marine in 2015 as a CLO. Since then, he has served as Branch Manager in Green Bay, Wis.
- Travis Polodna has been promoted to Branch Manager at the Wisconsin American Drive location in Fond du Lac, Wis. He will be responsible for ensuring Marine is providing exceptional service to members and coaching and developing employees. Polodna joined Marine in 2015 as a CLO and also served a Mortgage Loan Representative before his promotion.
- Dan Culligan has been named Member Services Supervisor (MSS) at the 35th Street location in Milwaukee. He will be responsible for managing the tellers in Milwaukee and ensuring deposit operations run smoothly in the branch. Culligan joined Marine as a teller in 2010. Since then he has served as MSS in La Crosse, Eau Claire and West Des Moines.
Marine is hiring for additional roles on its leadership team:
- Vice President of Loan Quality
- Network and Data Center Manager
- IT Business Applications Manager
- Consumer Loan Fulfillment Supervisor
- Consumer Loan Servicing Supervisor
About Marine Credit Union
Marine Credit Union is built upon the strong belief that members are more than a credit score, and we are committed to providing financial services to all members of the community—including those with past financial challenges. We will continue our long-standing tradition of delivering personalized lending solutions to fit our members’ individual needs. Marine Credit Union is a full-service financial institution serving nearly 60,000 members with office locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa. For more information, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About La Crosse, Wis.
Marine Credit Union is headquartered in La Crosse, Wis. Situated on the banks of the Mississippi River halfway between Minneapolis and Milwaukee, the growing community of 50,000 was named one of the 10 best small cities in America to start a business by Entrepreneur Magazine and one of the 15 best for economic health, affordability and quality of life by NerdWallet. The dynamic community is uniquely characterized for its health and wellness resources, outdoor recreation opportunities and family life focus. For more information, visit explorelacrosse.com.