By Josh Moore, District Manager, Marine Credit Union
The holidays can be expensive, especially the gifts. Black Friday deals have come and gone, but you still have shopping to do, so now what? Use these tips to help you get through the final weeks leading up to the holidays.
- Use Cash – It might be difficult to track your spending when using cash, but it can help you budget. When the money is gone, it’s gone. It also will not accrue interest on a credit card.
- Cut Back Temporarily to Ease the Strain – Give up one thing that might cost you $5 a day for three weeks. You can then use the extra $100 for gifts.
- Buy in Bulk – Use your Costco or Sam’s Club membership. It’s cost effective to purchase items that you can use multiple times during the holidays.
- DIY – Gifts, food, etc. You can save money by doing it yourself versus purchasing new.
- Shop Smart – Use technology as a tool to compare prices from different retail options. Find the best deal and help you get the most bang for your buck.